Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cloth Diapering Vs Disposables


Audrina Sporting her love for cloth diapers

I chose to write on the topic of cloth diapering Vs. disposable diapers. It took me a good month to decide to convert from disposables to cloths because I had a hard time understanding how cloth diapers work. There are many different ways you can cloth diaper and there are so many brands out there on the market. . Theres Happy Heinys, GroVia, Flip, BumGenius, Fuzzibunz and millions of other ones out there. Theres the All in ones, pocket diapers, ones that you can take out the liner and reuse the shell of the diaper, it can give you a headache thinking of all the types they have created. They even make them with cute designs and very fashionable colors. For me it took 3 different brands to finally choose the type that I liked Now to some and maybe most, cloth diapering may seem gross or inconvenient. I was a skeptic also. When I finally chose the brand that I preferred (Fuzzibunz) and tried them out for a week, I fell in love. Not only were they cute as hell on my bitty baby, but there was no stench to it. The fuzzibunz is a pocket diaper and it has an outer shell and then a pocket where the cloth pad goes which holds the urine. I use a liner with the cloth diapers in case she goes number 2 so I can flush the liner down the toilet and not worry about a hot mess. Now washing them is totally easy, its basically like doing a load of clothes. You use special detergent for it, but I usually prewash, regular wash cycle on hot, then rinse one more time. Now the price of the diapers are pricey upfront. Each diaper is from 15-25 a diaper depending on which brand you prefer. The ones I liked were 17.95 and I bought a good amount to last me two full days without washing. Greatest investment I made so far for my child. They are also good up til she's potty trained, which hopefully I can accomplish that before age 2! Cloth diapering is not for everybody. If it fits with your lifestyle then go for it!

Top Reasons Why I Like Cloth Diapers

1. Environmentally friendly

2. Soft for my babys bum and not as many rashes

3. Easy to use, and pays off in the end of not buying disposables

4. Cute as hell

No comments:

Post a Comment