Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Banana Cookies (Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free, and Vegan)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup raw peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 and 1/2 cups rolled oats or quick cooking oatmeal
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Add peanut butter, non-dairy milk, vanilla, and maple syrup and mix well.
- Add oats, flour, and cinnamon and stir until well combined.
- Drop spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes, or until done.
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
As I was putting makeup on my face I noticed something that I never realized I had before, lines. Actual wrinkle lines under the outer corner of my eyes. Now, I never expected to see lines on my face for another good 10 years, but sure enough there it was, wrinkles. ughhhhh Ever since I had A I have felt as though my looks and my energy level have taken a hit. I don't sleep 8 to 10 hours through the night. I feel like I look older, when I see pics of myself I see age. I still have tons of energy, but it is also very easy for me to feel fatigued too. With keeping up with an almost two year old, cooking, cleaning, and also going to work, I feel like sometimes I am pulled to the limits. I feel this way and I am only 26 and have only one kid LOL How do all those parents that have 2 plus do it? I guess you just go with the flow and live each day one by one and if you don't get something done that day you always have tomorrow. I see all these super healthy and toned women at the gym that are probably 10 years or more older then me just hardcore working out and they look amaaaazing. I hope that I can be like that. There's a specific mom at the gym that has a 9 month old and she walks around the gym in just a sports bra and booty shorts, she is sooo toned and has a six pack. To that mom at the gym, kudos to you. You are my inspiration. I guess I just have to accept that every year I will have a birthday, and every year I will be older. All I can do is embrace it and invest in some good wrinkle cream :)
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
- Smoothies- frozen fruits such as pineapple, peaches, berry medleys are great to blend with bananas, apples, spinach, greek yogurt, all natural peanut butters, almond butters and almond milk. The sky is the limit. Just find things in your fridge and blend away!
-Hard boiled eggs
-Greek yogurt with fruit topping
-Oatmeal with raisins, almonds, again the sky is the limit on this one
-Peanut butter toast with touch of honey and banana slices
-Salads with every possible raw veggie I can find. Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, etc
-Turkey sandwich with lots of veggies inside and spinach
-Salmon and cous cous
-Chicken tacos with blk beans, avocado, cilantro, onion
-Love homemade soups and stews
-Everyone should try this if they love avocado. Half an avocado with salt and pepper, smash together and put it on top of a piece of toasted wheat bread. Its like heaven!
-Crackers with cheese
-Apple, banana, grapes
Hope you guys will try some of these in your meal plans!