Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Milestones

All babies have their own time when they reach their different milestones.  For me being a first time parent I was obsessed with Audrina hitting all her milestones "on time." I would read books and blogs about when babies hit certain milestones such as rolling over, sitting up, grabbing toys, etc and I would freak out each month hoping Audrina will hit these milestones on time. I became kind of obsessive in ways because I didn't want my child to be delayed in any way. I would start comparing my child to others. Oh that baby is already rolling over, why isn't mine. I think a big part of it is we all want our babies to be advanced for  their age. Thats why us parents love to brag if our child does do a milestone earlier than usual. I've had customers who have had kids that started walking at 7 months! Now thats impressive. The more I freaked out about the milestones the more I realized that each baby is unique in their own way. They will hit each milestone at their own time. Audrina is 6 months old and I have seen babies that can crawl and pull themselves up at this age. I am happy that she is now content on her stomach. When she's ready to crawl she will. She's already doing the rocking motion and its hilarious! I want to enjoy each milestone I can because the first year in a babys life flies by too fast and soon enough she will be running away from me. Tear. My advice to new mamas and papas is to embrace each milestone, some babies may be more advanced than others and never feel bad if your child is not hitting the milestone "on time." Babies find their own time to do what they want.
Audrina 3 weeks old. Photos by Lisa Lizzaraga

How did she get this big?

1 comment:

  1. So true Kim! Isaac crawled just before 9 months ( the army crawl sooner) and. Walked by 12 months. Elijah crawled at 6 months and walked by 9. Both very different but both still normal. Every child is so different, the important thing is to enjoy each stage! You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete