Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 21, 2011

Mama needs a night out!

I moved to Chico almost 2 years ago to open our store and it has been quite the journey. I got married, opened the store and then got pregnant and had Audrina. I never knew how difficult motherhood could truly be until I became a new mama. I had all  the insecurities of a new mom, "Am I feeding her enough?, Is her poop suppose to look like that? Will I know what to do when she gets sick?" It has been a tough battle for me because I want to be the best mom ever for Audrina and I try my hardest to provide her everything that I can with not just material items, but also with my unconditional love and affection. For the first 4 months I would stay at home with  my new baby, I would mostly facebook, feed the baby, change her diaper, eat, then go to work. I would see moms at the mall come into my store with their new babies and I would just want to ask them so many questions! I felt like that everytime I saw a mom too.

Thats when I figured out that I really needed mommy friends. None of my extremely close friends have kids so it was hard to relate in that sense. I wanted to talk to women who knew what I was going through. I decided to research online for some playgroups. I came across a few, some had fees which I was not comfortable paying into something that I was not too sure of. I finally came across a craigslist ad about a Chico mom meetup group. I decided to join. It was free for one and plus you get to make a profile of yourself and look at the profile of other moms. I decided to go to one of the meetups schedule at a park. I liked the idea meeting at a big open area. I met a few moms there and instantly I felt comfortable. I decided to continue to go to the meetups and I have been with them for over 4 months now. Its great to have women that understands you and its great that all the women I have met have different talents that I wish I could have. Some of them sew, knit, does photography, teaches cooking. We all just went out last Saturday and man did I need that. It's great to go out every once in awhile without your kids and just be yourself. Kind of weird to go out without the baby, but I need it from time to time. My advice to new mamas is to join a meetup like mine or some kind of playgroup. I also have met great women through a little store that has meetings every Wednesday. Audrina doesn't go to daycare so this is a great way to have her meet friends too. Its nice nice to have people who can relate to you and understand all the hardships that you have come across with your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment