Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 7, 2011

I miss Cheese....

Been a good long while since I last blogged. I have been super busy with work. My sister had her handsome little boy Dec 27th so Jake and I have been working all of Janurary and February. Now that its March we get every other weekend off, YAY. Audrina is now 8 months and she is just developing into quite a character. She loves to talk. She's a girl though so we always have something to say :) She started crawling last month. Its funny how every baby has their own way of crawling. She loves to crawl to me and lay on my lap. She loves to crawl to the dog and to the dogs ball. She's already starting to show signs of temper tantrums, which kind of scare me because she can transform from a sweet little girl to a crazy LOUD child. Its funny now, but it will get more difficult.

Now lets talk about allergies. Audrina since she was 4 months old would have these allergy attacks on her face. She would get bumps all over her face and she was scratch the crud out of it. It was disheartening for me as a mother to see her so itchy and her beautiful skin turned into these scary red rashes. I started rice cereal at that time so I stopped giving it to her thinking maybe it was the food that caused this reaction. I had told my pediatrician about this issue and she said just watch it and it may just be drool rash. Which I knew it was not. Months went by and her rashes would come and go. Finally, I told my pediatrician again and they finally referred me to an allergist here in Chico to ease my frame of mind. I was excited because I would be able to finally figure out what it may be. I was going crazy from changing detergents to getting my carpets cleaned every month. I go to the allergist and he tells me she has slight eczema and we need to change our sheets to specialized ones for dander. He also tells me to stay away from nuts, dairy and eggs. You never realize how much dairy is in your diet until you go on a special diet. I eat cheese like crazy! The only good thing about this whole ordeal is I lost a lot of weight and I am smaller than I was before I became prego. Ok, well a month goes by and the allergy attacks still continue. I am now just insane because my poor baby has rubbed her neck raw, her eyes get puffy and she is not sleeping well because she is so darn itchy. I go to a different doctor from the same allergy facilitiy and we get a RAST. This test for common allergies in kids. The problem is we have to get blood drawn. Now being a mother you know that the last thing you want to see is blood taken from your childs body. But, we had to do it. Not going to go into detail with the blood getting drawn because it was so sad and I did cry. Test results come back and she is allergic to dairy, nuts, eggs and of course Lucy. (my weiner dog) Are you kidding me? So as a mother that breastfeeds and intends to continue breastfeeding, I will have to stick to this crazy diet. I call it crazy because cheese is so delish. As for Lucy, the doctor says she will most likely grow out of it. She has to be on Clarinex and we have a prescribed cream for her skin. So after a million special creams and hundreds of dollars in doctor bills later, we have finally found the reason for Audrinas outbreaks. My head can rest again. Long blog, sorry, but I am just happy that it is all resolved.

Audrinas new fascination is paper

No comments:

Post a Comment