Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My not so diet...

I don't know if my title makes sense, but it makes sense it my head. I came up with it because I don't want to be on a diet and never will I ever want to. I feel that every time I claim I want to be on a diet, I would basically fall out of it in less then a month. I eat lots of vegetables and fruit and love to eat lean meats. I stay away from processed food as much as I can, although I do use canned organic tomato sauce and many other canned items, but they are all five ingredients or less. If you read the back of the food label and you can barely pronounce the word to one of the ingredients, you probably shouldn't eat it. I do admit, I do like Sun Chips and will have a few items that are not so healthy, but hey I'm human and I get cravings. I did this blog because I have a lot of friends and moms that ask me how I stay so small and if there's any particular meals or foods that I eat that keeps me this way. I honestly am 10 lbs less then I was prepregnancy weight. I believe nursing and keeping up with a toddler helped a lot. But, I think because I have a pretty regiment eating habit, it helps to maintain my weight. I do believe that if you get fruits and veggies, try your hardest to keep them organic. Read about the dirty dozen foods. I know its quite expensive to do ALL organic, but try with things like blueberries and strawberries. I don't completely go all organic, but I try my best to fit it in my budget. I love to find blogs and take recipes from them and sometimes make them my own. Here are some meals and snacks that are super yummy and nutritious. Oh by the way when I make my food I don't measure that often, usually I just eye it. Always eat breakfast in the morning! Even if its something small, you got to kick start that metabolism some how!


Breakfast
- Smoothies- frozen fruits such as pineapple, peaches, berry medleys are great to blend with bananas, apples, spinach, greek yogurt, all natural peanut butters, almond butters and almond milk. The sky is the limit. Just find things in your fridge and blend away!
-Hard boiled eggs
-Greek yogurt with fruit topping
-Oatmeal with raisins, almonds, again the sky is the limit on this one
-Peanut butter toast with touch of honey and banana slices

Lunch
-Salads with every possible raw veggie I can find. Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, etc
-Turkey sandwich with lots of veggies inside and spinach
-Salmon and cous cous

Dinner
-Chicken tacos with blk beans, avocado, cilantro, onion
-Chicken sandwiches
-Love homemade soups and stews

Snacks
-Everyone should try this if they love avocado. Half an avocado with salt and pepper, smash together and put it on top of a piece of toasted wheat bread. Its like heaven!
-Crackers with cheese
-Apple, banana, grapes

Hope you guys will try some of these in your meal plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment