Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

I am not a vegan and I don't think I could be one just because I love cheese a lot. Most of my breakfast and lunches are vegetarian and I will have meat for dinner. I was looking up some vegan recipes because I love experimenting in the kitchen new recipes that will challenge the way I eat. I came across this vegan cookie recipe online on a blog called Hell if I Gnaw. I made it because it is 1. good for you and 2. sugar and egg free. Every ingredient in it is something I already had in my cabinets which is an added plus. So here it is;

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Banana Cookies (Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free, and Vegan)

Ingredients:


  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup raw peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 and 1/2 cups rolled oats or quick cooking oatmeal
  • dash of cinnamon (optional)
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
Preparation Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth.
  • Add peanut butter, non-dairy milk, vanilla, and maple syrup and mix well.
  • Add oats, flour, and cinnamon and stir until well combined.
  • Drop spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
  • Bake for 13-16 minutes, or until done.
The end result came cookies that were tasteful. They are not at all sweet so if you are looking for something sweeter then you will have to find a different recipe. These cookies are packed with nutrients and this was my first time baking without eggs. Audrina liked them a lot. She doesn't have a sweet tooth, which is awesome for me because I have cut a lot of sugar out of my diet. Whats funny is that its true, if you don't eat it you won't crave it. I love candy and I use to eat a lot of it, but I can't tell you the last time I had a piece of candy.  I never deprive myself from food or sweets, I just learned that most the foods that you eat should be something that will nourish it. I've been working out 5-6 days a week and I'm loving it. I have a routine with Audrina and the gym and I have been feeling so much better about myself and my body. I can't wait for Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment